What is the Legionella Control Association?
The LCA is a voluntary organisation whose membership comprises providers of products and services concerned with the control of Legionella bacteria in water systems. Their primary aim is to keep water systems safe and minimise the risk of cases of Legionnaires’ disease caused by poorly maintained systems. They help members achieve this through a Code of Conduct setting out 9 commitments.
AFM complies with all 9 commitments in the LCA Code of Conduct and is LCA registered to provide the following Legionella Services: Legionella Risk Assessment Services; Hot and Cold Water Monitoring and Inspection Services; Cleaning and Disinfection Services; Legionella Monitoring Services; Plant/Equipment Services including design, installation, maintenance and refurbishment.
What does this mean to our customers?
As certified members of the LCA you can be assured that AFM will:
- Provide customers with a clearly defined written agreement setting out the responsibilities of both parties to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Demonstrate and document a satisfactory level of competence of its staff
- Ensure that recommendations made will be equal to, or better than, the relevant Codes of Practice and provide guidance documents pertaining to the system in question
- Ensure the lines of communication and reporting with the client
- Keep up to date any adequate records that will be readily available
- Jointly review the performance and control measures with the client at least annually and necessary remedial plans agreed
- Establish a formal internal auditing procedure for compliance with the Service Provider Commitments of the Code of Conduct
Mark Couchman, AFM Director and local expert in Legionella control says “As the Channel Islands leading water hygiene provider, it is vital for us to be able to demonstrate to our customers that we have been independently audited and accredited to the highest standard to deliver Legionella control services.
“Operating our own in-house team of experienced risk assessors and water hygiene technicians supported by our Legionella Compliance Manager enables us to have direct control of the quality of local delivery, and maintain consistently high standards of competence to give our customers peace of mind and regulatory compliance.
"With our comprehensive Legionella management service for private and public sector organisations, we can help you effectively manage and control Legionella to meet your legal requirements".
See more about our water hygiene services on the AFM and LCA websites: